Saturday, November 19, 2011

Teaser Breach chapter 22 Part 2

When Jack Weber called Edward and I into his office on my last part time day I thought it was to discuss how things were going.

Now donned with crutches, I hobbled through the door that Edward held open and we both made our way to the plush leather chairs sitting in front of Jack’s desk.

“Well, it’s been three weeks since you returned, Isabella, how are you feeling these days?” he asked as I stowed the crutches beside me.

“Better and even more so when I get this cast removed,” I replied.

“Good. Very good. I remember when Edward was the same,” he said with a nod. “How are you two doing?”

My brow scrunched at his question. “Well, we still have mountains of cases on our desks.”

“I don’t think that’s what he’s asking,” Edward spoke up. I turned to look at him and found him staring at Jack inquisitively. Jack just smiled back. “Jack?” Edward rubbed his face and groaned. “He knows.”

“Knows?” I asked before realization dawned. I turned to look at Jack who was… smiling. Not the image I had in my mind when I thought of Jack Weber finding out about us.

I had visions of a red faced Mr. Weber screaming about company policies and how could I corrupt his son-in-law or something. Though I’m pretty sure Edward was the one doing the corrupting.

“And here I’ve been freaking out on how to tell you and you knew!” Edward exclaimed, throwing his arms into the air. Jack just smiled and Edward cocked his head and stared at him. “Jack, why are you smiling? Wait… yo-you didn’t… plan this… did you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment